Saturday, October 12, 2013

Social Networking Sites

Myspace, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram are all social networking sites that have drawn in millions of users throughout the world. I have an account on all four of these social networking sites. Myspace is a lot different from what it used to be, it is now a social networking site focused on music. I find the site easy to navigate and has an appealing layout and design. I have used Twitter for a few months now and I find it very useful in receiving quick updates on current events and news in the music industry. I like how the Twitter feeds are continuous on one page and are short and simple to read due to the 140 character limit per post. Facebook has more going on in terms of their feeds that users receive on their homepage. It is a mix of posts, videos and pictures that all expand out, unlike Twitter where it only expands when clicked on. I've noticed a lot more advertisements on feeds than a few years ago when I started using Facebook, for this reason I do not use it as much. However, I do enjoy the Facebook private chat which is what I am usually on when I do go on Facebook. Instagram is an online and photo sharing social networking site. I enjoy going on Instagram because I find it interesting to see what people are doing through a picture or video rather than through words. Visuals are more enticing to me than regular posts. I tend to use Twitter and Instagram on a daily basis. Facebook I use in moderation and I have not used Myspace ever since it has changed into a social networking site that concentrates on music.

No comments:

Post a Comment